The factory water-to-oil cooler system used on 5th generation LS V8 Camaros are often overwhelmed during spirited use which can lead to high coolant temps, and inevitably, high oil temps. In order to maximize heat extraction, Improved Racing has assembled a kit that removes the factory water-to-oil “heater” so that the vehicle may be fitted with an efficient air-to-oil cooling system (sold separately). The air-to-oil upgrade kit comes with everything needed to cap-off the radiator hose barb fitting and plug the engine block coolant passage used by the factory cooler.
The full delete kit gives the capability of completely eliminating the oil cooling system by deleting the factory water-to-oil system and capping the oil pan bypass. Please note: This option is considered a downgrade and is not recommended for LS-powered vehicles that will see spirited use.
Air-to-Oil Upgrade Kit Includes
- 1 x 5/8” ID Rubber Coolant Barb Cap
- 1 x Worm-Drive Clamp
- GM Part # 12561663 – M28 x 1.25 mm Coolant Plug
Full Delete Kit Includes
- All parts mentioned in the air-to-oil upgrade kit
- GM Part # 12577903 – LS Pan Oil Bypass Cover
- GM Part # 12611384 – LS Pan Oil Bypass Cover gasket
- 2 x flanged mounting screws
- 2012-2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS & ZL1 (for deletion of the factory water-to-oil cooler)
Old part numbers HPL-1004-KIT and HPL-1005-KIT.