COMP CAMS CONICAL SPRING KIT – .625″ LIFT – WITH BTR TITANIUM RETAINERS – SK7228
COMP Cams® Conical Valve Springs utilize round wire and feature a diameter and progressive pitch driven natural frequency. This design increases the valve train RPM limit while reducing resonance concerns and decreasing dynamic spring oscillations. The result is longer spring life and the ability to run more aggressive camshafts. A breakthrough in valve spring development, COMP Cams® is the very first to introduce this advanced conical design.
Conical Valve Springs:
• Reduced mass improves RPM stability
• Conical design offers the best natural frequency damping
• Dampens w/o wear, heat/friction or risk from interference contact
• Progressive frequency increases RPM limit & allows for more aggressive cams
• Superfinish surface processing increases both max lift capability & valve spring longevity
• Constantly decreasing diameter from bottom to top reduces active mass & decreases applied forces; Result is longer valve train component life & less parasitic horsepower loss
Includes Comp 7228-16 springs, BTR SR007 titanium retainers, locators, seals, and locks.