FINISH HONED, LINE HONED, FINISHED O-RING DECKED 9.700″ W/ ARP 234-5608 Main Studs, 1/2″ ARP Headstuds
LSX BOWTIE BLOCK
Delivering the seemingly impossible combination of professional racing-level strength and entry-level affordability, the LSX Bowtie Block is the next revolution in high-performance engine-building. This durable iron-block casting is based primarily on GM’s production LS7 block, but designed with more material in key areas – including thicker deck and bores – to support displacements of 454 cubic inches or more, and unique six-bolts-per-cylinder-headclamping capability that enables forced-induction and nitrous combinations of greater than 2,000 horsepower.
Because the LSX Bowtie block is based on production LS blocks, all of the LS-Series Gen IV cylinder heads, crankshafts, oil pans, camshafts, and accessories bolt right up to it. There is also a tall-deck version for building even larger engines. Chevrolet Performance delivers the LSX Bowtie Block semi-finished, allowing you to finish it to your needs. Whether you’re building a “tame” 500-horse street engine for your hot rod or a 1,700 horsepower turbo engine for an Outlaw drag racer, the LSX Bowtie Block is the foundation for an unbeatable combination – at an unbeatable price!
LSX Bowtie Block – Tall Deck
• 4.500″ maximum stroke (small base circle camshafts required)
• Capable of 364- to 500-cubic-inch displacements or more!
• Orange powder-coated finish
• Accepts Gen IV LS and LSX Series heads, cranks, cams, etc.
• Approximate finished weight is 250 pounds
LSX Bowtie Block specs and features include:
• CNC-machined cast-iron block
• True priority main oiling
• 6-head bolts per cylinder
• Standard 4.400″ bore spacing
• Extra-thick siamese cylinder bores
• Semi-finished, machined thicker decks
• LS7-style, 6-bolt dowel-located billet main bearing caps
• Wet-sump and dry-sump oiling capability
• Production-style deep-skirt head bolt holes
• Production bolt hole and thread sizes
• Maintains production exterior accessory mounting provisions
• Front motor plate mounting holes added
• Additional material cast around cam bearings for greater strength
• 8mm exterior/interior fifth- and sixth-head bolt holes
• Standard 0.842″ lifter bores
• Accommodates all LS oil pumps and oil pans
• External oil pump feed (rear of block)
• Main web bay-to-bay breathing holes to support greater horsepower
• Includes unique cam retainer, rear cover and lifter retainers.