VCM’s over-the-radiator cold air intake kit offers huge horsepower gains by maximizing air flow with a straight ram-air design and massive K&N filter. Because air is pulled in over the radiator, it also feeds much cooler air into your engine than other intakes, resulting in even more horsepower gains.
Molded from high-quality, OEM style molded plastic, VCM’s kits are some of the nicest on the market and are known for being mistaken as a factory part.
This over-the-radiator intake is designed with an offset throttle body inlet for use with the Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger. Please note that this intake cannot be used with a MAF due to lack of space. You MUST use a speed-density tune with this intake.
You can expect a gain of up to 20-30 HP with this intake over stock, and up to 45-55 HP with a good tune. Click here to see a dyno chart comparing the factory output to this intake with a tune on the Australian Holden VE (known as the Pontiac G8 in the USA).
Below is a dyno test video comparing the VCM OTR intake with various other brands. In this video, made by a shop in New Zealand, they were able to make an additional 29.5 crank HP over the factory intake and 55 crank HP with a tune. This dyno test was on a Holden Commodore (Australian version of the G8) with a full exhaust.
These kits cannot be used with a MAF setup. A speed-density tune is required to convert to a MAF-less setup.
This kit can be installed with simple hand tools in about 45 minutes. The radiator must be tilted back very slightly and upper radiator mounting brackets are included to achieve the required angle.
Size Comparison – VCM vs. Vararam
Note the difference in intake and filter size!
Features and Benefits
- Big horsepower gains over stock: 20-55 HP typical
- Improves throttle response
- Molded from OEM quality plastic for a factory look and feel
- Infill and side finishing panels sold separately
- Manufactured in Australia and imported by VCM USA, an Improved Racing subsidiary
- 1 x Over-The-Radiator (OTR) Intake
- 1 x K&N air filter, part number KVE-400
- 1 x Extended PCV hose
- 2 x Upper radiator mounting brackets
- All necessary couplers, clamps, and hardware
- 2006-2013 Holden VE Commodore
- 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 GT & GXP
- 2011 Chevrolet Caprice PPV (V8)